Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Monday, December 9, 2013

OWH Sketch #185


This is Sketch #185 from Operation Write Home's Stars and Stamps blog.  They have over 200 sketches listed and they are all very user friendly.  I have not tried them all, YET.  However, I do love them for a good mo-jo jump start.  The DP for this card is really yummy in that all the words are glossy embossed and the sentiment is slightly popped.  The flower dry embossing was a RAK from a long time ago..... wish I knew where to get THAT folder!  More Love for the next OWH box as I had enough of the RAK to make 4 of these.

2 comments:

Tommi said...

I have that purple embossed paper also. In fact, I have it in multiple colors. It goes way back to the 1990s I believe before there were embossing folders. It looks beautiful on your card. I'm hoarding mine :)

Donna Hanley said...

Oh that paper and the embossing look so good together. You really jazzed up your sentiment panel with those two rounded corners. A winner for sure.