Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Thursday, June 19, 2014

OWH Love Cards


I'm posting love cards this morning.  I was up at 6am listening to more rain...... rain that has not stopped for the past 5 days.  The town may flood again this year and I am swamped in. 


There is so much mud and water flowing out here that even if it stopped right now I still couldn't drive out for a few days. 

I was going for masculine with this set.  The small squares are like bits of marble.....and the letter cuts were done on the Cricut.

These were also the ongoing attempt to use up left overs of all kinds, paper, embellishment, pre-cut items.....  Off to get a cup of coffee and survey the new lakes that have formed and to check all hatches for any signs of leaking....   Praying for a break.

3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Lynn, Sorry I haven't been around for a while, back issues preventing me from staying at the computer too long. This is a fantastic group of cards you done in this post and the past few posts (I just went looking around) I adore each and every one of them. Gorgeous papers and I really like your cut outs and dies. Great work and effort for our heroes.

Cora said...

Don't make me pick a favorite but I do like the blue and white color combo. Very striking.

It sounds like you are seriously in need of clear skies. I would hate being stuck in my house. When we have snow and ice I don't go out. I am always afraid of falling. I let my mail sit in the box. Once it was a week and it was awful!

Cindy E. Rapson said...

I really LOVE that second card. I'm thinking it's because of the color combination... it really calls to me. All the cards are lovely but that one rises above the competion. Here's to hoping the rain stops too and you can get around without a rowboat...