Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Sunday, July 6, 2014

OWH 4th of July VCMP - Challenge #5

Yikes!  Between having to be gone all day yesterday and having to deal with rescuing my truck off the highway today I have gotten way behind.  My truck had a flat tire and I live out in the middle of nowhere so it was a logistical challenge.  But it is safely home now and I will get the flat tire repaired tomorrow. 

Whew!  Now on to my card.  Challenge #5 is hosted by Beth and can be found here.  It is a background challenge that was looking for inks or paste.  In the absence of those items we could make a scrappy background using at least 5 papers..... I used 6 in this one and the flowers are K&Co 3-D embellishments.  The sentiment is a digi from Create with TLC.

1 comment:

Beth L. said...

Very pretty colors and I really like the way you placed your strips of paper. Thanks for joining the challenge.