Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, July 25, 2014

OWH Sketch #18 and LSS I will miss you!


First let me say this is from OWH Sketch #18.  And then..........I received some sad news this past Sunday.  My ONLY LSS is closing!  It is over an hour drive away from me so I usually only visit when I am going to be in the city.  I stopped by yesterday and it is already almost like a ghost town.  One of the long time employees came up to me and said, "no crying!"  She knows I make the cards for OWH and made sure to point out some rick dark blue paper that was still there.  How very sad.  No more yummy papers, no more fun stamps, no more really really nice ladies to visit.  :(

No comments: