Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Saturday, May 23, 2015

OWH - Memorial Day Blog Hop 2015


I can't believe that it is already the end of May and that this is the final OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop.  This was a big day at my house.  I was "given" the whole 3 days off from wifey duties to cut and paste and watch the flinkets fly!  My husband was very supportive of the blog hop weekends like this.  He would often come in and ask about what challenges we were doing or what theme or sometimes just give me the thumbs up for something I had made.  It sure is empty without him here to cheer me on....


I know he would still be proud of my commitment to making the cards for our Heroes.  So, I'm going to make cards until the last day.  I had just gotten my card making area sort of set up when I read the news that OWH was going to be declaring Mission Accomplished this year.


I'm so glad to hear that many of our Heroes are finally out of harm's way and back with their friends and families.  I have to admit I cried.  For them and for the change coming.  OWH has been a lifeline to the outside world for me.  I lived out very rural on a farm and OWH has been my sanity, my community and place to laugh and grow.

Sandy and her team of extraordinary volunteers have done an amazing job to help keep Heroes and their families connected over the miles.  They have built a wonderful community of cardmakers with common purpose.  I am so thrilled and moved to tears that I have been a part of this amazing effort.

So, I'm here making cards, hopping along and loving every minute of it, trying to help OWH FINISH STRONG!

10 comments:

Paula S. said...

Hi Lynn! These cards are very nice. I think my favorite is the butterflies. I am so glad that you are a part of the SS Facebook group and hope you'll be joining and active n the new one Sandy has created too. It will be a big change for many but we can't lose sight of what great news it is that the need has diminished so drastically.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Lynn, so glad you're hopping! All of your cards are so beautiful, I especially like the "you're so special to me" cards. I will be CASING them! It is sad OWH is shutting down, but I hope to still "see" you on the WEB. Big hugs.

sherry varga said...

Wow Lynn, your cards are awesome. I might have to case some as we have the same taste in paper!!!! Thanks for your support of OWH. I have enjoyed seeing your cards over the years.

Donna Hanley said...

Each of these cards are gorgeous. I love everyone of them. You are really Finishing Strong. Enjoy your weekend.

Kimberley Martini Young said...

Thank you for sharing your memories of past blog hops with us. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Beth L. said...

Beautiful cards! I'm glad you are part of our SS group on Facebook so we will still get to see what you are making.

Ann said...

Lynn, these are such beautiful cards! I always enjoy seeing your beautiful cards. I also loved your sharing about OWH. There was a time when it was a lifeline for me also. I cried, too, some tears of joy and some sadness. I'm glad you belong to the SS facebook group, also.

TK said...

These are all so lovely. I think the one with the bird is my favorite too, like Linda Jackson said on FB. I too am grieving the loss of this great organization soon, and it has been a lifeline to so many of u. I love all the wonderful friendships we have made. I am glad we will continue sharing and enjoying each others art in new ways. Hugs.

Seongsook Duncan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seongsook Duncan said...

Lynn, your cards are beautiful, elegant, and so much warmhearted that any heroes loved ones would appreciate. Detailed elements that are touched by your hands would touch their hearts. I enjoyed reading your story about OWH. We all feel the same about OWH shutting down but also we all know that it's not ending of our mission at all. There are so many people out there who would appreciate your beautiful handmade cards from the heart.
Thanks for sharing.